Right now, the thing that has piqued my interest is this oil spill business going on in the Gulf of Mexico. What I understand is that, (somehow)an oil pump broke and for 51 days has been pumping oil into the Gulf.

I've been paying cursory attention to the catastrophe through AC360 and The Colbert Report, because I'm white and politically conscious.
It just has me sort of dismayed, because this planet is pretty much broken beyond all repair. NAME THAT MUSICAL!! Seriously, if you can name the musical that lyric is from...well I can't give you anything substantial, but I'll mention you in a post on this blog that people will totally read and be like "Dude! That chick jessica544 is so cool!"

Anyhow, I've just been sort of saddened by this whole mess. Unfortunately, I can't feel anything too deeply because I live in Kansas and am not really feeling any of the affects of the oil spill here in the midwest. However, my heart goes out to those people whose careers and lifestyles are in jeopardy. If this is you, I'm sacrificing lambs to all the gods I can think of in hopes that their blood will save your jobs...so yeah.
This is probably coming from my lack of investment in the subject, but I don't really get where all this hostility for BP is coming from. I mean yeah, it's their pump and they should take responsibility for allowing thousands of gallons of oil to gush into the Gulf, threatening careers and entire ecosystems alike, but it seems like they've done that for the most part. Yeah, they're being kinda sleezy by buying the first spot on Google for the search "oil spill," but I can't really judge them. I mean if it was I, I'd be scrambling to preserve my image in the publics eye. But then I thrive on others' opinions of me, and I kind of die inside when people don't like me.

In any case, I certainly intend to become more educated on the subject, which shouldn't be too difficult since one incredibly handsome newscaster happens to be covering it, as well as another, slightly less handsome, but certainly more funny one.
This has been my attempt at blogging. Tata.
No comments:
Post a Comment